Saturday 31 December 2011

VW Bug with rust, roofrack and surfboard

This was a Revell street machine kit from the late 80's, moulded in candy pink.
I chose to go the weathered route as a slight departure from my usual shiny finishes. It made a nice change.
Some detail was missing in the execution of the moulding, so I added door hinges, wiper blades, additional louvres on the engine cover and I re-scribed all of the panel lines as they were vague.
The Fuchs rims were in the kit. The tyres are parts-box. I made the decals and replaced the kit glass with smoked acetate. The aloha garland is made from tissue paper and thread. The door mirror was made with my little watchmaker's lathe.
The roof rack is made from brass rod, silver soldered. The stinger pipe is made from plumber's solder and a paintbrush ferrule. I used a little bit of photoetch on the engine pulley faces and made the distributor from alu tube. Surfboard is styrene sheet with clear red sprue cut and filed into fins. Bungees were made from detail wire and fuse wire.
Er... that's about it. Any questions, please ask. Here are the finished pics:

Life's a beach....

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/993294.aspx

Gianfranco Brancatelli Eric Brandon Don Branson

No comments:

Post a Comment