Wednesday 28 March 2012

Primer for Pearls

I've just used Testors Hot Pink Pearl acrylic for the first time, and correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that it's almost a sure thing that a shiny metallic prime coat is the most ideal for "pearls" (paint with some metal in it to give it a "shimmer"). I've now tried it on flat gray, flat black, and Ice Blue Pearl enamel (which I was going to use for my project but decided it was too blah). The IBP seemed the easiest to recoat with the HPP, whereas the other 2 primers required multiple coats just to hide the primer. So, would it be wise to use a cheapie can of aluminum paint as a primer for all pearl finishes? Or are there reasons why this would not be a good approach that I haven't thought of yet?  Huh?

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/1008523.aspx

David Clapham Jim Clark† Kevin Cogan

No comments:

Post a Comment